Tests of Skill (d20)Tests of Skill is an adventure module and sourcebook designed to entertain and challenge players through scenarios and encounters that can be overcome optimally through role-playing, skill use, and diplomacy. While traditional hack-and-slash techniques can be used to complete portions of the scenarios, most groups will find that tact, thought, and appropriate use of skills, feats, and abilities are generally much more useful and effective.
• A generic, versatile wild-land setting (the Silurian Heights) that can be used as a campaign setting or easily dropped into almost any existing milieu, including statistics on six different urban areas and local weather.
• More than two dozen detailed encounters, including three complete mini-dungeons and general and specific encounter tables.
• Two detailed scenarios and two scenario outlines that explain how to organize the included encounters into effective plot lines.
• Three maps, including player's and DM's wilderness maps and a dungeon map based on Dwarven Forge's Master Maze sets.
• Dozens and dozens of fully keyed and described NPCs, including two complete adventuring parties.
• Three new prestige classes, the Gnoll Crocuta (plus the new Fear spell domain), Humbug, and Mercenary Commander.
• Sixteen relevant skills and nearly two dozen feats.
• Two new monsters, the Half Troll and the Dire Hyena.
• Detailed rules on the creation, usage, and special properties of books, including their effects on XP and skill checks.